Going under the knife in two weeks, truck may be going up for sale...

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
In two weeks I am having a nerve tumor removed from my left leg. Doc says I have "a 50/50 chance" of normal left foot function after surgery.
I would very much want to keep my truck, since I've put so very much into it, but if I loose function of my left foot (my truck is a zf5) I can't work the clutch anymore, so a sale/trade will most likely be in order.

Unless someone on here has a bionic leg idea?? :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
wow.. heres hoping for the best. im down to one finger posting cause of nerve surgery in left elbow and carpel tunnel release in same side. im left hand and right does not work for crap. am a mess but vicodin helps plenty... very sorry to read bout this plus my posts are short and terse for about 5 more weeks so im told. learning new things forcibly all the time now.. damn wifey shakes a 44 double d at me from the left side and i can do nothing bout it. thats kinda harsh unfair treatment round these parts. hurry up 6 weeks cause paybacks are going to me good for me but not anybody else... tee.. hee...:sly:eek::angel:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In two weeks I am having a nerve tumor removed from my left leg. Doc says I have "a 50/50 chance" of normal left foot function after surgery.
I would very much want to keep my truck, since I've put so very much into it, but if I loose function of my left foot (my truck is a zf5) I can't work the clutch anymore, so a sale/trade will most likely be in order.

Unless someone on here has a bionic leg idea?? :D

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4193748186.html

if you gotta go auto.......click on the linky.
hint...it's a C6 with a GV.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm bionic leg, i remember reading something about a recent surgery where they wired up a guy to live without a heart. Crazy technology I tell ya, anythings possible!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go automatic wether you like it or not. I've put up with a similar problem (if it comes to be for you) for 56 yrs. I cannot lift my right leg to put the brakes on, have to use my left leg for brakes. Don't know how long I'll even be able to drive, as my right leg slips off the go peddle now at times, had some hairy moments when it does that. Good luck on your surgery.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow that sucks best of luck to you, id offer to swap my c6 for your zf5 and id do all the work so you could keep your truck but your in cali thats a bit far.

anyway i hope all goes well

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have no idea on legality or how easy it would be to rig up, but the first thing that came to my mind was using a hand clutch.

Orpackrat

Reaction score
Hydraulic cylinder attached to clutch and a lever to control it on the steering column, keep the manual, keep on going.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hand controls I believe are legal because of ADA. I don't know if the are restrictions as to who can install them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
a built e4od auto trans will last longer than a truck these days. join the world of shiftless crewcab drivers. then that new girl can rest her head in your lap on long hard drives while on vacations. plus she can sit real close to you. do like i did and install a neckers knob on the steering wheel...