Glow Plugs

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
How d you know if these are working properly ,,mine is extremly hard to start on cold days..I don't know if its the relay or the plugs...any Suggestions???

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
A good place to start would be to ask how long does your WTS light stay lit?

If less than 10/12 secs might just have a bad one or two.
Als there sems to be problems with the wiring harness/cover gskt
assy.
I'll try and dig up a schematic for the external plugs at the cyl heads.

We are hitting the mid teens tonight....first real test of mine on the '96:eek:
The Berus in my '90:rock: in any temp.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Well as luck would have it it wouldn't start this afternoon I have it plugged in right now letting the heater do its thing..I really think it is just the GPR being though people are going through them like water in a drought

MUDDY

Reaction score
dang,,,,they still aint got the g p r prob fixed. :( when i had my psd's i had probs with em and so did everyone else. figgered they'd fix it by now

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Wideopen:

Mine will be at the dealership tomorrow for the same problem. I'll let you know what they do.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Glow Plug Relay..I pluged it in for about 45 min..and it started right up....NAPA GPR 109 $19.00..I'll be putting it on tonight

Paul

Dunce
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wideopen
Glow Plug Relay..I pluged it in for about 45 min..and it started right up....NAPA GPR 109 $19.00..I'll be putting it on tonight

Wideopen:

The dealership just called and my problem was the glow plug relay. I spoke with the mechanic and he said that they've been replacing quite a few this winter.

Mine is covered under warranty but I asked what the price would have been just in case; $202.00 with parts, labor, and diagnostics. With your NAPA relay cost, you'll be paying yourself $183.00 so you'll be able to take your time and still make a decent hourly wage! ;)

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paul
Wideopen:

The dealership just called and my problem was the glow plug relay. I spoke with the mechanic and he said that they've been replacing quite a few this winter.

Mine is covered under warranty but I asked what the price would have been just in case; $202.00 with parts, labor, and diagnostics. With your NAPA relay cost, you'll be paying yourself $183.00 so you'll be able to take your time and still make a decent hourly wage! ;)

Dang I'm expensive...Anyone else want me to work on there truck???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online