glow plugs not working?!

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Any ideas on where to start looking? It's starting to get could out and my truck is getting hard to start. I've noticed that the glow plug light stays on way longer than it used to, and that it dosn't seem to be doing crap! If I plug it in it seems to start just fine, but it is still way too warm to be wasting that kind of electric! I have started this truck down into the teens with two cycles on the glow plugs before with no issues, and not pluged in. Could it be a simple relay?, or a falty plug?
Thanks in advance for any help!

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
You can....... Test you're GP's by using an ohm meter.... How old are they? This is on your 85 I'm assuming? If you can't hear the relay clicking on and off that may be the issue. Theres not a whole lot of parts to the GP system.... Check the plugs, listen for the relay. Also, do a search on this subject as there are a lot of other threads floating around with the same topic since weather is cooling off, things are acting up.....

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
got some extras if the plug are burnt out which they might be if it is locked on to long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online