glow plugs again

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is push button now im thinking to go back to stock i keep burning them up and my timing was way under so i know it was not advanced timing burning them up. i was using the older spade connectors for my home made harness with 10ga wire. ive tried a few different styles with individual wires on each plug and a single wire with 4 connectors per side. neither lasted long. if i could find a good price on a intake air heater then id plumb one in.

How long are you holding your push button for? You will burn out glow plugs if you hold them for too long. That is one thing about a push button you can only hold them for a certain length of time. I'm not going to tell you what is right or wrong but I only hold mine for, at most, 5 seconds in the summer and 7 seconds in the winter. If I need to go longer I'll use 2 cycles of 7 seconds.

Whenever the wife is driving the truck I'll tell her not to go past 7 seconds.

People on here argue the fact that one way or the other is better (push button or controller) when in reality its all preference. I personally prefer push button, and other people prefer controller.

Its all preference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online