glow plugs acting up

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i went to start my truck today and the WTS light came on as normal but i got no heat from the GPs. the truck cranked without firing, and the telltale fuel smoke erupted from the tailpipe.

after the 4th or 5th try cycling the key and cranking the GP system finally kicked in, i could tell by the sound of the electric vacuum pump slowing down from the current draw. the truck started immediately once the WTS light went out and i cranked.

so it looks like i have a problem with the controller, or the solenoid. i know where to look for the solenoid but don't know were the controller is.

what do you think?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I had a similar problem last night wiring my "new" system up. Check the controller for a ground. It is a little black wire that goes to the driver side clamp that holds down the harness.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Damn, I didn't even see that this was PSD's lol. But I would agree with the GP controller.

I am unsure as to where it is located in the newer trucks, but good luck anyways gettin her workin again....I'm goin back home to the IDI forum lol.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Sounds like your relay is going bad Rob I replaced mine with a stancor and it was cheaper even with shipping then any factory replacement I could find. If you need a link search stancor and theres a post here with a link to them if you don't find it let me know and I'll get on my other computer and get it for you.