Getting rid of the PSD maybe a chevy

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
Well i was hoping that it wouldn't come to this but, i think i'm gonna have to get rid of the 250 it just causes too many problems i can't concentrate at work thinking about it. People are looking at me funny wondering what's wrong with me and i'm tired of explaining how my F250 is causing me physical pain and discomfort i'm sure it is caused by the truck since it started when i got it so I guess this weekend I'll go look at the chevy trucks since i am quite sure that would solve my problem that this F250 has caused me.

Dan:(

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
What's wrong with it? Causing you pain at work, it is just a truck ya know!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd sooner consider the Dodge before the Chevy.

Test drove one a few weeks ago and was very impressed... Dodge seems more willing to negotiate on price, too.... big issue for me (2 kids, 4 horses, wife, and dog).

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
If you tow, get the Dodge.

If you race, get the Chevy.

If you want no problems with the engine, get the Dodge.

I do like the GM interiors, but they dont have the kitty CAT or a Cummins. so no-go for me on that score. Allison would be a big point though if you drive automatics. The Dodge autos are better than previous models. Not sure if you drive manual or not, but the Cummins is the best for stick IMHO.

Test drive similar ones from both and then make the choice.

Last edited:

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
Well, the wife and I talked it over and i guess we are going to keep the F-250. You see the problem my truck has been causing me is that i think about driving it all day at work and I have this big stupid smile on my face all day long.:love: I LOVE THIS TRUCk. :love:You would think after a year it would go away but I think i'm gonna have to have this smile surgically removed. You would be surprised how sore your face gets after you have been smiling for a year. Is there really any cure to fix this? :D :D :D

Just trying to lighten things up around here. Seems way too tense the last couple days.

Dan

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by triplethreat
. You would be surprised how sore your face gets after you have been smiling for a year. Is there really any cure to fix this? :D :D :D
Dan

Yeah, buy the Chevy.:rotflmao

Just trying to lighten things up around here. Seems way too tense the last couple days.

Dan

:Thumbs Up

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
Well, the wife and I talked it over and i guess we are going to keep the F-250. You see the problem my truck has been causing me is that i think about driving it all day at work and I have this big stupid smile on my face all day long.:love: I LOVE THIS TRUCk. :love:You would think after a year it would go away but I think i'm gonna have to have this smile surgically removed. You would be surprised how sore your face gets after you have been smiling for a year. Is there really any cure to fix this? :D :D :D

Dan

DOH!!! to me. That went right over my head.

LOL LOL

I would say that you dont have a problem. Just a symptom from owning a good truck. :cheers: :cheers:

Keep on Truckin. BTW, I dont care what people drive.... just so they're happy with it.:thumbsup:

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
When I was looking at buying my first PSD, my wife ordered me (ordered me - you hear!) not to buy anything that she had to climb up into......... I was forced by my wife to buy and Exploder. I kept it for about a year and convinced her that we needed a real truck to tow a trailer. While at the Stealership, I asked her "Well, just climb up into this pretty Red one and see how bad it is to get into. When she got into the truck - she said "Well, this is not too bad!"

I was standing behind the passenger door, and quietly said "Yes!!!!!" I won the battle!

The great thing is - that she never wants to drive the truck - so I get it all to myself.

She calls it "My Mistress." Well - I do have this Sh*T eating grin on my face every time I drive it - so I guess she is right. At least I don't have to rent an apartment for the mistress. :) :)

chris

Reaction score
Yah Dan I'd advise you to test drive dodge and chevy. I've owned one dodge and 2 chevs. They both are drastically different machines and have their strong points. Here are some that stand out to me. Chevy- Smooth ride, good handling, almost car like feel. They also have a frame that sits low to the ground which can be a pain if you drive off road much. Dodge- Definitely more of a truck feel , sits higher, rides rougher, less plush. The Cummins enging should speak for itself.

architect-builder

Reaction score
triplethreat said:

Dan

Now, that was great. I feel the same way. I keep finding reasons to drive places that I don't need to go. I have had so much fun with this truck, driving, modding, washing, I'll never give it back. (At least, until the 08's come out, however, it will take me 2 months to remove the "schtuff" I put on her. :D )

Barrett

SUPERDUTYSPV

PSD Fan
Reaction score
TripleThreat, I feel the same way about my truck!! I LOVE the thing!! This is my first diesel, and I LOVE it. I have had 2 problems with it, EGT stuck closed and a short in the ignition; both left me stranded. And BOTH taken care of. BUT, I still LOVE my truck, and I STILL have a smile on my face every time I drive it!!

camoman

Reaction score
I have had my F250 PSD for almost a year now.. and I still can;t wait to hop in er and taker for a drive. In the last year I have put it through quite a bit .. between extreme roads, mud, water, and snow it has never let me down and out performs any other truck IMO.

LIPD

Owner LIPD & Fuel
Reaction score
you guy are makin me miss my truck even more. She is dead from a blown head gasket :cry:

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
We've had our 05 for probably 6 months at least now... and we've had "ZERO" problems with it. A great machine i think. It's just wicked powerful. Pulling our 18 foot trailer it's still faster than most cars and trucks :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online