getting rid of the factory fuel bowl/ filter

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to remember that the first gen PSD has a mechanical fuel pump in the valley, all the 'kits' on the market come with an electric fuel pump with the dual filter set up...something to ponder.

I personally dont know if you can come off the mechanical pump and then back down to the frame to a dual filter then back to the heads with the fuel......your FPR is in with the fuel filter canister as well.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right. My mechanical pump is leaking and I'm thinking how nice it would be to get rid of all that cluster in the valley.

Mutley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of time and money spent that could go towards other things on the early PSD...and at the end of the day you're doing the same thing the original did. Must be the miserly ol codger in me. Have fun and enjoy.....:D

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"eems like a lot of time and money spent that could go towards other things on the early PSD...and at the end of the day you're doing the same thing the original did. Must be the miserly ol codger in me. Have fun and enjoy"

i know but the problem is the sucker is starting to leak all over

Mutley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I suspect mine's doing the same (smell of buring oil thru the vent system... lol). I don't doubt a fresh replacement will improve things nicely. :D

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Mechanical fuel pumps are between $81.99 and $99.99 and an electric fuel system will run close to $1,100. I've thought ******* upgrading but I get at least a year out of them running VO and I won't have this truck in 11 years so I'm happy to change mine every year. Heck I've done four fuel pumps now and everyone is easier to do than the last. Plus, I spoke to Bob Riley and he won't warranty his electric fuel system to run on VO.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Mechanical fuel pumps are between $81.99 and $99.99 and an electric fuel system will run close to $1,100. I've thought ******* upgrading but I get at least a year out of them running VO and I won't have this truck in 11 years so I'm happy to change mine every year. Heck I've done four fuel pumps now and everyone is easier to do than the last. Plus, I spoke to Bob Riley and he won't warranty his electric fuel system to run on VO.
So you buy one and replace it every year?

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think that a new replacement does pump well, but main other reasons to replace with a constant pressure electric is that it removes the air from the fuel, which as we all now is a big factor in easy starting and removing excess noise.

my buddies 96 that has a fass system.... night and day difference in sound and performance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online