Getting rid of some stuff

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I have the engine in and the turbo on I am going to get rid of some stuff. A set of 6.9 heads, plus a 93 7.3 motor. As for the 7.3 it needs some attenision. Not sure I am going to let the IJ pump and injector lines go or not. If no one want the 7.3 I am going to take it to a scrap yard with some other scrap I have laying around.

Jim

acousticrawk

Reaction score
why do you have just the 6.9 heads? did you convert to 7.3 heads? if so, what does that accomplish? more ci's but less compression for turno? hmm.. im very new to diesels. haha.

acousticrawk

Reaction score
oh yeah sure. columbus a bit. my hometown is springfield. im here every weekend just about. i just go to school in cincinnati.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why do you have just the 6.9 heads? did you convert to 7.3 heads? if so, what does that accomplish? more ci's but less compression for turno? hmm.. im very new to diesels. haha.
I had a 6.9 that I was going to rebuild and found out it was junk. I had already taken the heads off when I discovered the problem so I kept the heads and scraped most of every thing else.

Jim

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
sold! i dunno where you are exactly in OH but i may be able to pick them up on my way back from CA. otherwise, we can arrange something.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Im a good welder, really good actually. I guess I may just have to do that. I've got enough turbo trucks around here with them, I may just have to pull a cover from one of them to make measurements and make me one.