Gear Vendors Value Question

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im considering putting my gear vendors up for sale, but am not sure of the value of it. Its got a few issues, most notably a problem with it slipping out of OD on its own sometimes. Its an intermittent issue, so its not completely blown up, but not working correctly either. So I figure its value is as a good solid core. Im having a hard time finding ones in this condition for sale? If I were to rebuild it, how much would that cost and where could I get parts? I know of the maximum overdrive guy in CA, but have called and left a few messages so I'm not real eager to do business with someone who cant return a potential customers phone call.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
IIRC, the maximum over drive guy does this sorta as a hobby. Definitely not his bill payer, and it usually takes him awhile.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Have you tried calling Gear Vendors about parts and what the problem is with your unit. Might be a simple fix like low on fluid. They are very helpful every time I call them. Its almost like a mom & pop shop. What Towcat posted is about what it costs to repair most of the gv issues. I have neve seen whats in the repair kits.

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not low on fluid, I just changed it a recently. There was a large amount of metal filings in the pan when I did so it cant look good in there. I may give GV a call and see what they say, theyre obviously the experts. It has an E4OD adapter connected to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online