Gear Vendors Ordered

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Kirk at GV. I ordered my splitter and it will be here..... When it gets here.... I wont be waiting for it like my Rodney Red radiator. Damn UPS sucking like that. I'm about 125 miles from the factory but I can't drive there and back for the shipping costs. And if I buy it from them down there the tax is at 7 1/4 instaed of the 8 1/4 it is here so saving some money is a good thing. Yea, I "could" sell some of the spare parts I have to offset the cost of this but then I would need to buy more spares. It never ends with me. After reading as much as they have printed I thought that they had a cpu that allows the GV to shift thru all 7 forward gears but no... It just can't happen. So if I want a gear that my BTS E4OD does not have I will need to press the button for it. Thats fine. I just need more gears. The cost is important. I paid just over $3240.00 for it with shipping. Gees, I could have bought that really nice turbo 94 dually crewcab in Georgia for that amount. Funny how the cost of a complete truck can be boxed up into a small package...:rolleyes: On another note I talked about the U.S. Gear unit. The company is no longer selling them. The places that did sell them is now selling the GV units exclusively and only the GV. U.S. gear is only selling the DN-2 now for racing only. Funny how things fall off the happy wagon. So in the future I will have a 7 speed BTS E4OD trans with double overdrive.... I will probably need to change my 3.55 gears to 3.73 or 4.10's because my setup will have me turning about 1500 rpm at 75 mph mt of course.... Might be able to squeeze out 30 mpg......:joker:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Wow talk about expensive. Now what you need to do is........figure out how to get some pics up. You could ship me your camera all loaded up with pics and I would be happy to download them :D I'm serious though I would do that for you ;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Don't forget to figure in another handful of hundred for driveshaft mods, but shoot, buy the time you get through with all this, you'll have to pull over every 50 miles to let fuel off :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note I talked about the U.S. Gear unit. The company is no longer selling them. The places that did sell them is now selling the GV units exclusively and only the GV. U.S. gear is only selling the DN-2 now for racing only.
Do you mean that the company you bought the GV from is no longer selling the U.S. Gear unit, or do you mean that U.S. Gear has discontinued the Dual Range Auxiliary Transmission?

FWIW, U.S. Gear still has the Dual Range listed on their website... :dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My plan all along was to shorten the drive shaft and replace all the u-joints and carrier bearing at one time. I can't think of a better time to do that. My mileage check for this last test run was 16.15 mpg cruising around 75 to 80 on the freeways. I'm wondering what a stock turbo pump would do for mpg.... Maybe another "item" for behind the back seat???:dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online