gauging interest i guess

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anybody looking for brackets and pullies for a 93-94 or earlier 7.3s that have been converted to the serpentine belt to run a hydraulic pump or possibly mount an air compressor on?

ill get pictures of it all still in my truck in a few days.but in converting from the belt drive hydraulic pump to the tranny mounted pto and pump.the belt drive was fine when the truck was a wheel lift wrecker.but it doesnt have enough to run the carrier bed fast enough.runs my winch just fine.it has a planetary geared winch on the deck and i can pull a 15,000 pound bobcat with the brakes locked on dry pavement and up the bed with no problem.and its fast as hell.takes me less than 45 seconds to drag a 7500 pound truck up the bed with it in park or the ebrakes on.just my tilt and slide pistons are too big for it.i had a 15,000 pound bobcat on the deck and it would tilt the deck and pick the front of the truck off the ground slowly but couldnt slide the bed an inch.

heres the type of pump im talking about

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rich you wouldn't have a pressure problem would you,or a bad piston seal?

i know i need packings.but for me its been a nightmare with keeping belts on it.last time it threw the belt i ended up on the highway at 85mph takeing and offramp somewhere around 55 with no power steering or power brakes(wasted my reserve trying to slow it down) and sinking it axle deep in mud at a construction site on the side of the off ramp.i want it gone.i want the tranny pto and pump cuz if it aint gonna lift it,its gonna break something trying.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i figured there may be some interest in the setup.with all the guys that want to add an air compressor or guys that want a nasty winch setup for wheeling would love to have a setup that is complete with all brackets and pullies except the pump as its not mine,i had to borrow it till i get the pto on the tranny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online