gauge tubing.

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a manual oil gage in my truck when I got it a couple years ago with copper tubing. A few weeks ago for whatever reason it started dripping where it met the gage which I have in a cluster sitting right in the middle/top of the dash.

By the time I noticed drops on the carpet floor oil had dripped into my stereo and filled it up and spilled over onto the ac controls and seeped through dash parts, etc. I still haven't cleaned it all up :(

I didn't know any better I am no mechanic. I just recently got an electric gage for cheap from ebay and it doesn't seem to read the same. Doesn't seem to react much when cold and it also shows normal operating at around 20 when the old one didn't show much until the throttle was stabbed.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I installed a manual oil gage in my truck when I got it a couple years ago with copper tubing. A few weeks ago for whatever reason it started dripping where it met the gage which I have in a cluster sitting right in the middle/top of the dash.

By the time I noticed drops on the carpet floor oil had dripped into my stereo and filled it up and spilled over onto the ac controls and seeped through dash parts, etc. I still haven't cleaned it all up :(

I didn't know any better I am no mechanic. I just recently got an electric gage for cheap from ebay and it doesn't seem to read the same. Doesn't seem to react much when cold and it also shows normal operating at around 20 when the old one didn't show much until the throttle was stabbed.

yeah my oil pressure gauge leaked too for a while. I have all my gauges under the dash/steering column. so that leak helped to oil my left
boot;Sweet

and as far as ace hardware, the local ace is THE most expensive store in town. They just about charge you 5 bucks to enter the store

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online