gauge pod question

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
i am (eventually) going to have 4 gauges in my truck- boost, pyro, oil pressure, and water temp. I want to mount them on the a pillar so what can i do for this i have seen triple mount pods for strokers but no quadruples, and if i'm not mistaken you can modify a stroker a pillar pod to fit these idi's so can anybody point me in the right direction.

Radcam

Reaction score
I built a triple gauge pod for my '91, by modifying a triple pod for a '92. No they don't make a triple for the '91 and earlier trucks and before that I used a double pod. The double was far easier than the triple it was just some slight cutting and sanding to get it to fit satisfactorily. The triple was far more involved.

here is a pic of the finished pod in the truck
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are a couple of pics of the work in progress.

Also I don't think that there is enough room to mount four full size gauges on the A pillar, three takes up most of the available space.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It would be kinda cool to have a 3 pod pillar for our body style trucks, but oh well :dunno

I find that my gauges on my dash are easier to read than my tach on my a-pillar. It just seems that when I go to look at the tach it takes more time to look at it compared to the gauges on the dash. Plus that way when I look at the speed, I glance up and see my boost, pryo, water temp, and oil temp gauges.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
so a two pod on the a pillar and two custom mounts above the mirror along the plastic piece at the top of the windshield.

nope 5 singles on the pillar, cut and molded together. and a stuperduty 4 gauge pod cut and trimmed over the rear view
chris

diesel4me2

Reaction score
ask and you shall receive

Attachments

• MVC-446S.JPG
    MVC-446S.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 19
  • MVC-448S.JPG
    MVC-448S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 12
  • MVC-447S.JPG
    MVC-447S.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 18
  • MVC-449S.JPG
    MVC-449S.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 21

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
now you need a turbo to move that boost gage!

i like the center gages, how hard was that to finagle in?

diesel4me2

Reaction score
hated to do it, but i drilled two holes and installed screws with washers, to catch the front lip. then i had to cut an opening in the metal headliner trim for all the wires to pass by. then i had to trim the gauge pod itself to conform to the contours of the truck. after all that i installed window tint behind it and trimmed it to the pod. worked great with the velcro on the backside of the pod till it got hot then the sticky started to un-stick in the heat. so i had to super glue the velcro to the pod and the window tint. hasn't moved since. my application is for an 80-86 body style. i'm not filmilar with how the newer trucks
are put together
chris

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
justin what type of pods are those on the dash and where are they from I just bought the oil pressure today because that was my main worry. got an electronic autometer gauge waitin on the engine to cool down right now to go hook it up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online