gasser lift for diesel

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found some 2 inch lift springs for the front of my truck for cheap. Dont know what brand and the truck had a 4.9/zf combo in it and was a f250. Will these work on my truck? I cant fit my pinky inbetween stop and leaf now and if these will work i will get them. Thanks for any info.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is they'll bolt in just fine. No clue how they will handle the weight of the diesel though. My thoughts are even if they sag out bad because of the weight being a lift spring they would have to give you more clearance between the bump stop than what you have.

Other than possibly sagging bad or just being way to soft when cornering I bet they'd work ok.

If it was me I'd probably give them a try.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt you will see a gain...those lift springs are well for a much lighter engine than the IDI...

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant find pics on this anywhere. Guess ill play Guinea pig on this. Im getting them cheap enough itll be worth while. Anything has got to be better than only having a quarter inch to go til i hit the stop. All else fails ill make a 3 leaf pack and deal with it. With the positive arch they have i bet ill c gain. Not counting on 2 inches over stock but if i get 2 inches between leaf and stop ill b happy.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
could you add the leafs to your current leaf pack? might be an option if the gasser springs sink on you.

i have re-arched springs before with a big I beam and sludge hammer. i was 17 with more time than money, man that was a brutal job and it was with lighter springs than our trucks on my old CJ but it worked!

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol sounds like a task there. Yea i can add one in if needed. My stock springs lay flat off truck and the ones im lookin at got a good positive arch to them. I think itll take alot to flatten them but ive been wrong before. Ive been lookin through forums about this and there isnt really any evidence it wont work from what i have seen but then again there doesnt appear to be anyone that has done it and wrote home about it either.

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if the springs were designed for an f-250 or 350 they might work. I mean who's to say those springs weren't designed to handle any motor combo which would include the 460. Besides my springs with no motor were pretty much still flat, so if the are heavy duty springs with a positive arch already then I would think they would work.