Gasser Fuel Tank

CRMW

Reaction score
I need a new rear tank, will the tank from a gasser work?

Chris

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel tank

I ordered mine from a local place that sells aftermarket parts .
I told tham it was for a deisel and they said that there book doesent show and differant tank eather way. It may be year specific.
So I would say you would be OK.
John

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
The tank applications are the same. Just need to use the diesel pickup tube assembly.;Sweet

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Chris,

Auto Parts Warehouse has a 38 gallon replacement tank kit. I have one in my '86. It takes the space the spare tire is in.

Jim

86 1 tonhauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering the same thing, i have a front tank for sale if any one is interested

CRMW

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info:

dwaymar, I would like to here more about your Bronco tank install.

Where did you mount it?
Did it require any fabrication?
Were the gas pick-up tubes OK of did you need to use ones from a diesel?
What year Bronco did you get it from?

Chris

dwaymar

dwaymar
Reaction score
fits in place of rear tank no mods needed just new straps and the fill neck of a diesel and you have to mod the picup tube i just extended the rod so i can get a good estamate of fuel in tank and installed fuel line down to the bottom of the tank pulled it off about a half inch from bottom and v cut the line this is so if is to long it wont suck to bottom of tank oh yes 85 full sise bronco make sure it has a 3 7/8 hole for sending unit same as our tanks has now after this you will not be able to mount spare tire under truck

i think they do make one larger tank maybe 37.9 autozone has these tanks in there catalogs about 150.00 but well worth it in my books just have to take loan out to fill up

luck to ya

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone wants a bigger rear tank, dose anyone know if there are bigger midship (side) tank as I would like to keep my spare tire under the truck?

Jim

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
Jim,

I did a lot of research when I bought the 38 gal rear tank and did not find a source for a larger front tank. I would have one if it existed.

Jim

RedTruck

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken I think the tanks from a gas rig are galvanized. Diesel is ******* galvanized metal so much so that the galvanized material will flake off causing all sorts of headaches. If the tanks you are ordering are not listed for a diesel application I'd do your homework before buying them. Make sure they are straight steel tanks or aluminized steel tanks.

Good luck,

Paul

RedTruck

Reaction score
I bought Mine From Here:

Metro Cooling, Willmar MN
800 876 5008

SWB Side:
Serial #: 1190

LWB Side:
Serial #: 1191

Rear 19 Gallon:
Serial #: 1187

Rear 38 Gallon:
Serial #: 1187-H

They are steel tanks and are suppose to interchange between gas and diesel. They do not handle the fuel senders/pickups for our beloved diesels.

Paul

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Transfer Flow makes a larger front tank. But if you thought the rear tank for a Bronco was spendy, watch out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726