FYI How long it takes to cavitate an IDI

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
In our fleet of poorly maintained vehicles is a deceased as of today 94 F450 super duty. This truck has just under 300k mi on it and this morning she was hydro locked. The company we got this truck from did not add any SCA (or do much maintenance at all for that matter) and I know we only SCA'd it once in the 10 years we had it. That happened at the time period when I was the maintenance tech at this place:eek:
Its life may not be typical of all engines but it is known and documented on our end
If we part this truck out I will be sure to let you guys know. I know it has a new ZF in it and a new parking brake and 5.13 gears.
Ken

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any chance its just a head gasket finally let go... I sure would like a turbo block but the shipping from east to west would kill the deal..

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Any chance its just a head gasket finally let go... I sure would like a turbo block but the shipping from east to west would kill the deal..

Yeah it would! I dont think its a head gasket. Its just a gut feeling. All our equipment has had a HARD life. The company I work for decided to run all older equipment til it drops then scrap it and replace it with new stuff. Its funny how we have not seen much in the line of new trucks yet.... Thats a whole different topic though:rolleyes: Im gonna see if we can pressurize the cooling system and take a look with a borescope. it filled the #8 cylinder with the soot laced antifreeze that was in it.
Ill let you guys know what goes on with it in the event that it becomes scrap.
Ken

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I hear on abusing equipment, We have four ranch trucks. They are all 2wd powerstrokes one has 277,000 one has 300,000 one had 343,000 and the last one has 367,000 miles. They are freakin piles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online