fyi 3g swap people.

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn phone. Anyway the while it is a 130 amp unit the spacing of the mounting holes is shorter by about an inch and the top hole is not threaded. It can work if you found shorter belts and clearanced the fuel filter mount but its not worth the hassle.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask. The one that I saw from a taurus was clocked wrong for my truck. I've been looking at pics of them online and it looks like the one from a 94 5.0 is clocked right so I just thought I'd ask. Sorry about the hi-jack.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my 94 had a 3G from the factory. I think the Powerstroke ones were different though.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my 94 had a 3G from the factory. I think the Powerstroke ones were different though.

Yep yours did have a 3G but it was the three bolt solid mount used with the serpentine belt. The v-belt system uses the alt as the tensioner and uses the olt two bolt mount style.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask. The one that I saw from a taurus was clocked wrong for my truck. I've been looking at pics of them online and it looks like the one from a 94 5.0 is clocked right so I just thought I'd ask. Sorry about the hi-jack.

remove the three case bolts,,tap the outside of the case to loosen corrosion..and spin just the FRONT half of the case to clock it right..DONT take it apart at all,,just spin it..some wont want to spin at all!!!! but persue...........again,,dont let the windings,,spin in the back half of the case...just turn the front part..

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
remove the three case bolts,,tap the outside of the case to loosen corrosion..and spin just the FRONT half of the case to clock it right..DONT take it apart at all,,just spin it..some wont want to spin at all!!!! but persue...........again,,dont let the windings,,spin in the back half of the case...just turn the front part..

I have been scared of doing that myself since I saw a parts guy do it and killed the alt. He wasn't just the average teen that only knows what the computer say either. He has been working on cars his whole life. So I have been hesitant....
But alas, I don't have a 3G to perform the surgery on yet.