Fusebox Question

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of properly redoing some wiring on my truck. The PO had a wire spliced (rather poorly I might add) to the 12v ignition on that energizes the FSS.

In my search for a better power-source to trigger a relay, I found a 15A fuse labeled "Accessory" in the fuse panel that appears to have nothing going to it.
My question is how do you remove the bars (for lack of a better term) to which the fuses attach from the plastic case?

If this fuse is already being used, I can use another blank terminal, but I still need to remove the bars.

I would much rather do it this way than use on of those in-line type splices.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't really picture what it is you are wanting to accomplish; but, when I added an ignition-HOT relayed fuse-block, I found an ignition-HOT terminal in the fuse-block that was not a fuse receptacle, but a single terminal, such that a male-spade-terminal plugs into it nicely; I used that to trigger the relay.

I have been slowly, but methodically, relocating anything that is necessary or desirable to be KEY-ON HOT to this relay-powered fuse-block, thus taking the load away from the key-switch.

Those circuits which I would as soon not need the key be on to operate have been moved to another all-the-time-hot fuse-block.

Since I have eliminated the turn-signal switch in the column, in favor of an externally-mounted Signal-Stat unit, I was able to eliminate both flashers from the fuse-block.

That improvement, along with my seperate relay-powered KEY-ON fuse-block and HOT fuse-block, has allowed me to almost completely eliminate all the circuits from the factory fuse-block.

When I get done, there probably won't be any need for it.

It is amazing how tiny the factory wires that carry such important loads of current can be.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Well, I got he same thing accomplished as you midnight, just without the spade, I'll modify it tomorrow with a spade terminal and I'll be good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online