Fuel tank sludge?

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been moving an i started my truck and he had slow/delayed acceleration like to the floor one Mississippi two Mississippi and slowly rise in rpm slow.

So i drop the tank and it smelled awful i did put diesel treatment before she sat. I smell that.

Then i found a sludge sticky but only coated where the diesel touched. As you can see the grass is sticking to it. Im going to clean it with some cleaner but what is it and would i need to do anything for the lift pump up?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asphaltiens?
Somewhere I posted a link...
Brb

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get it, run a couple tanks of B100 (100 % biodiesel). It like Drano for the fuel system, cleans it right out.

Make sure you are carrying a couple extra fuel filters, it's likely going to get clogged and strand you as the B100 breaks all the gunk loose.

Word of caution, if your fuel hoses are old and tired, B100 may cause some fuel leaks.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sure look like motor oil. At some point or maybe still, probably its the driveshaft seal failed on your ip and let oil get into the fuel system. If your pump and injectors havent been replaced they are likely shot, or that could be remnants of someone's wmo experiment.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced everything 40k miles again she just been setting. The fuel filter had algae their when i pop it open to replace. Just weird i got rid of my fuel tank splitter just front tank is hooked up.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wounding if its like a hose falling i dont have my screen in the tank anymore it broke but i but on a 3/8 injection fuel line thats ethanol resistance. Thought it would hold up better

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sure look like motor oil. At some point or maybe still, probably its the driveshaft seal failed on your ip and let oil get into the fuel system. If your pump and injectors havent been replaced they are likely shot, or that could be remnants of someone's wmo experiment.
Interesting perspective. My side tank looked like that and one of my thoughts was a PO using 2stroke oil instead of a conventional diesel treatment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** know what it was but got it out of my system had to clean IP to even get fuel to injectors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online