Fuel tank sending unit

colorado_joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now a punch, chiesel or screw driver and hammer. Knock loose the retainer ring around the edge of the sender.

Sidenote: Use a brass or wood, hammer or chisel when knocking off the locking ring. It can be stubborn and you may have to wack it pretty good.
You want to not create sparks near fuel!

...experts, are diesel fumes as flammable as gasoline?... I've just always done this on my gasoline tanks.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No, Diesel fumes are nowheres near as flamible as gasoline fumes. Once you get diesel to lite off its very hard to put out because it burns hotter and it sure makes more smoke than gasoline.

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right the Reed Vapor Pressure for diesel is much much lower than gasoline making it much more difficult to ignite but I will be using a round brass rod to knock the retainer ring off

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I dont have the time to search it out but there is a link but it explains how to put a 20 30 dollar jcwhittney general sending unit in

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, I just put 2 brand new fuel tanks in my truck, the one I put in the front is 16 gal. and the one I put in the rear is 19 gal. I think I got the wrong front tank.

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I found the float full of diesel fuel, drilled a hole in it shook out the diesel soldered the hole shut and leaked checked it out fine. NOW I just hope LMC will let me return the 400 dollar sending unit back. I also took some stainless safety wire and took two wraps around the plastic pickup to make sure it never comes off.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
well i have a old rear tank sending unit that has a plastic float on it that will never get a hole in it out of a 93. you can have it for the cost of shipping if you want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle