Fuel tank selector valve???

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure it is. It's a Ford part only, available from dealers for only $260.
Allow me to clarify...I meant an exact bolt-in from one of the auto parts retailers...but cheaper that the stealership.

Since new I'll sometimes just switch-it a few times to keep it moving > I always hear a strong "click" when doing so.
I never really let the valve sit unused.
To my surprise, last summer when I dropped both my tanks they were spotless inside...but to be SURE my fuel valve doesn't fail from junk in the tank, I installed filters before the valves.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allow me to clarify...I meant an exact bolt-in from one of the auto parts retailers...but cheaper that the stealership.

That's not the way it works. They work on the volume principle and will carry a universal part that sort of fits all trucks instead of keeping wierd oddball parts for the few guys like us who keep these old diesel trucks. You probably already know this, I am just reminding you it's easier to setup a manufacturing assembly line to make a couple 100,000 valves, rather than set it up for a 1000 or so to make the valves for the Ford diesels, and the the Ford gassers, etc.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Im curious how gasser selector valves would work with the ****** ethanol California gas

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ones I have worked on have been
A: no selector, front tank lines are tiged to the line going to the back tank. a death trap in makng, one pump fail an start droping pressure. you get a tank that will pressurise an start spewing fuel (cheep clients dont want to pay to get it fixed right so I cap lines an transfer the fuel to other tank)
B: have a 3 port selector on the fuel bowl an the back tank is always till the pump gose. the way hard line is most fuel gets returned to the back. the selector dosent always want to switch at the point the rear pump fails
C:have a 6 port selector on the fuel bowl, I see these on the newes ones mostly an on ones that have a 460/429 or deisel