Fuel tank pickup/sender wiring?

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to put in a new in tank pump on my truck either that or figure something out where i can get more fuel to my engine sometimes it feels like my truck is struggling to get fuel...

lpennock

Reaction score
I want to put in a new in tank pump on my truck either that or figure something out where i can get more fuel to my engine sometimes it feels like my truck is struggling to get fuel...

Put a Holley red or Regulated Blue in-line fuel pump and bypass the mechanical lift pump. Don't get the pressure much more than 6psi or you start advancing the timing on your injector pump.

lpennock

Reaction score
Sorry. I was thinking IDI. Does Ford racing make a high performance pump for that application? Have you checked the pressure under load to see if it is the pump?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:dunno

it doesnt have a mechanicle fuel pump its all electric. this is on my 94 F150 im talking about.

;Really

Since it's on a gasser, Look along the fuel line next to the frame, there might be a filter there. :D

im thinking either Fuel pump or fuel filter needs to be changed.

Your answering your own questions faster than I can type. FILTER.:thumbsup:

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is. but i am wondering if i would get better milliage if i were to replace the pump that has almost 190,000 miles on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online