Fuel System Maintance on 4.6

Greg77

Reaction score
Since diesel prices started getting so high I got a newer Ford pickup with a 4.6 motor for highway usage. Runs great,good oil pressure. no oil leaks,starts good. I've still got my diesel for heavy work, has a five speed Tanny, runs and starts good 17 to 19 mpg. Gas is getting 17 to 18 mpg. To drive the gas's with an auto. (I looked at 30 to 40 different pickups before I bought this one) virtually non of the nicer equipped ones came with a five or six speed. Is there any thing that needs or can be done to the injection system to try and get a little better mileage? I'm a pretty careful driver no jack rabbit starts and try to take a little time to get up to speed,also try to keep it to no more than 60 to 65 mph's.Even with close to the same mpg's it is cheaper to drive the gas with diesel now a buck a gallon higher

tractorman86

Reaction score
intake and exhaust will make it a bit better, had a 97 f150 4.6l and a/t got bout 12 and then i did exhaust and hiflo cats and got bout 16 and i am not a slow driver by any means.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7