Fuel spewing everywhere

wildbill_hickup

Reaction score
Well my cummins is giving me a ration of #%$^. I wasn't sure if I should use 911 cause I'm not on the side of the road in Eastovershoe, USA, however I do have to be to work tomorrow AM. No place to get parts tonight.

Hear goes, I have a 94 12v, and fuel spraying everwhere!!!!!! I made it home though with great loss of power. The line going from the front of the fuel filter housing to the side of the IP just below the #6 injector connection (at least I assume it's #6 as you look at the side of the pump is the last connection from the front. My question is, is this a high pressure connection? Can I use a piece of neopreine fuel line and 2 clamps to repair. or can I braze it? Obviously the hose and clamps would be better for me concidering the situation. In removeing the line completely separated about 1/2" above the pump-side connection, it's a clean break, but it is going to be difficult to realign if it needs to be brazed.

Any help will bve greatly appreciated.

Wildbill

rubberfish

Reaction score
Are you talking about the part in this pic labeled
"Fuel supply line (to injection pump)"?
If so, yes you can quick fix with a rubber fuel
line. It's the low pressure supply line.

Attachments

• 12_v.h4.gif
    12_v.h4.gif
    98.3 KB · Views: 18

wildbill_hickup

Reaction score
Rubberfish,

Well I couldn't do it with hose and clamp, piece on pump end to short. I was able to heat that up and remove the old stub, clean up the line and rebrazed it. Had a little issue with priming the system and restarting but all is OK now. Thanks again for your help.

batfish

Reaction score
Probably time to replace all your fuel lines if they are still the original. Foster Truck has the kits.

wildbill_hickup

Reaction score
Guess I'll have to check into the fuel line kit. This one was all steel, walls of line still seem to be pretty thick (approx .025 - .030) and there is mot much rust. Must have been metal fatuge from vibration that caused it to break, cause it didn't look like corrosion. I thought about cutting it further up and putting a very short piece of hose in the line as a stress relief. Would that be a good idea???

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can, its a low pressure line, just get some good fuel line that holds up to diesel and your good to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online