fuel separator??

Bubba_891

Reaction score
I know these engines and fuel systems are simple and all mechanical. and was wondering if anyone knew of a fuel separator system that you could put on these trucks?? I know the job of the part is to take the air out of the fuel so you get better flow and better fuel to the engine. just kinda of an idea that popped into my head. any help and or advice would be great.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Whaaa...?

With good fuel lines, air separation isn't a problem.

If you're talking better filtration, that's easy.
Find a filter you like, get a head for it, and put it on. Probably best to convert to electric fuel first though.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Bubba_891

Reaction score
thank for the info there. And yea I was talking about an AIRDOG system. but I think I will just go for a holly red pump and get rid of the mechanical pump. any suggestions on where to start for how to install one of those?:thanks:

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haaaa... you answered while I was posting.. some water separator info below but not what you were looking for. :D

Welcome to the Group. Wasn't sure the exact question, my 86 6.9 came factory with a fuel/water separator mounted on the firewall by the brake booster. It is problematic in it's design and allows air in and mine was spewing fuel out of the drain hose on its own. I replaced it with an aftermarket filter head, some brass fittings and screw on filter with a built in drain. If you need p/n info I can post it if you like. The later IDI's have a nicer factory design that seems to also work better than the early design.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
We have a few threads on electric fuel converts.

Airdogg would be too much.
Look up "carrier pump."

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle