Fuel return hard line

Tillathemook

Reaction score
When we pulled the motor from the F250, the only thing we all forgot about was the plastic fuel return line that comes off the back of the motor. It broke. So far, I haven't been able to figure out if there's a replacement part out there somewhere or if I'll just have to run a soft line. Any ideas?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Not exactly sure what you are posting bout so here is my suggestion. At the back of any idi return line system on the engine at number 8 cylinder is a brass return manifold. Some are 3 ports and some are 4 ports. If you have the hard line running down the drivers side of the intake manifold you will have the 4 port. Off the end of that is a short piece of fuel rated 5/16 hose. Its a thin wall hose too but any hose will work just as long as its fuel rated. This return line has maybe 1 lb of pressure if that. Its mostly a gravity feed return system. You can make up a line to your liking. Reaching up back there is ruff too. Make sure you use some clamps. Usually we use the return line clamps. The red is the 1/4 inch and the green is the 3/16 size.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the plastic line is broke, they make a special barbed fitting to install into them to fix the break.
usually in the self help isles at any major parts store. EFI fuel line repair kits.

soak the plastic lines in boiling water, and then install fitting. no clamping required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online