Fuel Pump

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
After considerable effort, many skinned knuckles, a greater appreciation for the english language, and many other discomforts. I am sure others have changed the fuel pump under the turbo. Will someone please tell me the secrets of removing and reinstalling the banjo bolt in rear of pump? There has to be some other way other than removing the turbo? I am almost ready to find a 10 year old with small hands to start this bolt? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions ! !
Foxman :dunno

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i only done one and i think i used a wrench that i bent to get in there or a socket with an extension from under the turbo.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
what truck do you have some of the 97 california models have a fuel dampener thing that makes it impossible to change the pump with out removing the turbo. I just use a 1 1/4 wrench once its loose just screw it out by hand

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
To93turbo animal:
Please let me know how to get my hand under turbo to statr the banjo bolt??? This is where my problem is.
Foxman

rmckee242

Reaction score
I ground heated and bent a wrench to remove and tighten the banjo bolt. Double S and Animal are right leave the pump a little loose and two finger it. Lost my religion figuring that out when I changed my pump.