Fuel Problem

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on not removing the housing and pump. that makes a big smelly when thats done but its fixable. I'm betting you just have not primed the injector lines completely yet to the injectors. With the throttle wide open crank for about 15 secondes. then crack open the hard lines at the injectors. Look and listen for the air and fuel escaping. the sound can be heard easily. Just do the easy to reach injectors. Then repeat this till you start up but.. Make sure you allow the starter to cool down for 2 minutes between cranking or it will burn up.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you installed the new pump, did you line up the factory lines on the pump and housing, if you didn't that's a good place to start before you can time it correctly.

TMACK0034

Reaction score
Yes I lined them up straight I believe I will check it again tomorrow just to be certain. I cracked the injectors one at a time to bleed them and kept doing that until all the air bubbles were gone. It just doesnt seem like the IP is pushing hard enough to get fuel through the injectors. Could I just be impatient? How long does it usually take? Could timing be the cause of this? And when you say crank it for 15 seconds then crack an injector, do I need to leave it cracked or tighten it up and do the same thing after 2 mins? Sorry for the all the questions but thanks for the helps guys.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I lined them up straight I believe I will check it again tomorrow just to be certain. I cracked the injectors one at a time to bleed them and kept doing that until all the air bubbles were gone. It just doesnt seem like the IP is pushing hard enough to get fuel through the injectors. Could I just be impatient? How long does it usually take? Could timing be the cause of this? And when you say crank it for 15 seconds then crack an injector, do I need to leave it cracked or tighten it up and do the same thing after 2 mins? Sorry for the all the questions but thanks for the helps guys.

Both methods work to bleed the air out. I"m of the THROTTLE wide open, lines disconnected approach myself, others crank crack tighten method. BOTH WORK! BOTH HAVE MERRITS to which I won't get into.

This has to spin, and I mean SPIN DAMN quick so get some FRESH charged batteries, and keep at it, it may take a bit, ensure your fuel tank is well over 1/4 tank too btw, to ensure that the fuel pick up is covered if missing the shower head... don't ask right now, just make sure it's well over 1/4 tank!

Without hearing how fast it's cranking I can't tell ya if it will fire.

KEEP priming till those lines FLOW at full throttle then tighten them all down, disconnect GP's and maybe,,1/2 secon blast of either, while cranking, then see if it fires with throttle wide open as well.

Hard to school ya when can't hear whats going on.

Just sayin

many ways to skin a cat

TMACK0034

Reaction score
Alright I've been doing more of your method. Crack the lines and crank it. I will keep working on it tomorrow and I try to take a video of it cranking and post it on here so you guys can hear it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin