Fuel problem...injector pump is getting fuel but won't push fuel?!?!

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Goes on one of the relays in that section. There will be two, one for starter and main power and one for glow plugs. Not sure which one that wire actually belongs on though.

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the Right length and has the old bends as if it goes back to the glow plug controller itself??? Where would I look exactly?

xekon

Reaction score
Another possibility is that your fuel is coming out of the filter head loaded with junk, and you have managed to clog the IP inlet screen?

I am having the same problem that Thefarmboy21 was having, about this comment, if the IP inlet screen were clogged then he wouldn't be getting fuel from the return line right?

When we Prime a dry idi, we usually leave the glowplugs out. We then crank the engine several times stopping to keep from frying the starter.
We crank the engine until diesel starts to spray out of the glow plug holes. By the time it sprays out al the holes. It usually fires right away once the glow,plugs are in.
The reason we do it this way, aside from making a big mess, is that the engine cranks really fast so the pump primes the lines rather quickly.
It also confirms that were getting fuel to the cylinders. If we don't get fuel, then we know something is wrong elsewhere

Thanks for this! I am about to go pull all of my glow plugs and try exactly this!

Blake Campos

Reaction score
Im not sure, but could it be because your truck wasn't originally equipped with a DB2?

On edit: Sorry, I see you said your Ford. I don't know, but everything I've read about a DB2 has said any throttle change at starting speed changes nothing.

Does anyone know where I can get a new plunger to rebuild mine

xekon

Reaction score
I don't know where you can get individual parts, but I got a complete DB2 injection pump for $50 at pick n pull the other day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online