fuel prices

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even at 3.50 is to much to be paying. I can understand an oil company making a profit but when they are making a clear profit of 359 million a day that tells me that they can actually be selling gas cheaper than hey are if it wasn't for greed they would be.

Why is it that oil companies are making record profits when the prices are higher than they were a few years ago. When I first got my truck 10 years ago diesel was $1.119 per gallon in the winter. I was talking to a guy from the middle east who was in Iran a few weeks before and he was saying that diesel there was .35 a gallon.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I burn gas by mixing a little with wmo as a thinning agent

The light distillates that gasolines are made from have a natural high-octane index. The middle distillates that diesel fuels come from have a high cetane index. The octane and cetane indexes are INVERSE scales. A fuel that has a high octane number has a low cetane number, and a high cetane fuel has a low octane number. Anything with a high octane rating will retard diesel fuel’s ability to ignite. That’s why each fuel has developed along with different types of engine designs and fuel delivery systems. Gasoline mixed in diesel fuel will inhibit combustion in a diesel engine and diesel fuel mixed in gasoline will ignite too soon in a gasoline engine.

Use kerosene, not gasoline to thin your wmo.

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just how do you burn gas in that Diesel?

OOPS: Maybe you have a gasser car. Sorry.

I simply said gas because that's what the paper said. Didn't say anything about diesel but um sure diesel will follow. BTW yes I have a 7.3 gas job with a turbo cookoocookoocookoocookoo

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
The light distillates that gasolines are made from have a natural high-octane index. The middle distillates that diesel fuels come from have a high cetane index. The octane and cetane indexes are INVERSE scales. A fuel that has a high octane number has a low cetane number, and a high cetane fuel has a low octane number. Anything with a high octane rating will retard diesel fuel’s ability to ignite. That’s why each fuel has developed along with different types of engine designs and fuel delivery systems. Gasoline mixed in diesel fuel will inhibit combustion in a diesel engine and diesel fuel mixed in gasoline will ignite too soon in a gasoline engine.

I think with 21:1 CR that octane rating can be tosed out the window hahaha its going to ignite no matter what LOL

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score

Not to argue with you but I thought that gasoline ignites at a lower temp than diesel, so wouldn't it be in reverse of what you are describing?
Wouldn't the gas make it ignite sooner rather than retarding ignition?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin