fuel pressure gauge readings

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
got my fuel system in, picts will follow as soon as I get a chance
anyhow
put a summit guage on the regulator which is the last thing the fuel sees before returning to the tank
then I hooked my dipricol through the isolater off of the side of the fuel bowl. which on the SD bowl is where the original return was.
Dipricol reads 80 psi.
summit reads 60 psi.

which one is correct?
Nick

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno

Nick,

I have 2 glycerin filled gauges that I used for testing you are welcome to borrow to see if 3 out of 4 read the same. They are about a month or 2 old. Prolly sould hook them both to mine to see if they read the same now that you mention it.

One is 100 psi and the other is 160 psi .....Accuracy is supposed to be within within 2.5% of max. graduation.

Mike

sorsita

Reaction score
tonka dr do you still transport RVs and for what company.. im with horizon

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tonka dr do you still transport RVs and for what company.. im with horizon
so is he.
he's got a goofy lookin' rig now.
it's a stretched f700 that can handle two trailers.

Attachments

• tonkadoc.jpg
    tonkadoc.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8
  • tonkadoc1.jpg
    tonkadoc1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 5

sorsita

Reaction score
double s..

i want to install fuel pres gauge so i can tell when the filter is getting clogged up. is this what you used the summit gauge for.. all my piro cluster is built into my edge performance monitor, just want to monitor my fuel pressure after the filter and i have my fuel temp gauge for my heated aux tank which will go on the pillar post..any tips on the right psi gauge for the fuel press

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
so is he.
he's got a goofy lookin' rig now.
it's a stretched f700 that can handle two trailers.

Calvin,

Doesn't look goofy to me...... it looks like MONEY!!!!! Just like where I grew up and we had people over and a breeze was blowing "just right" from the local hog farm, or cattle farms. Someone that was not from there would ask what that horrible smell was. I always said.... "That is the hog farm, it smells like money!"

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin,

Doesn't look goofy to me...... it looks like MONEY!!!!! Just like where I grew up and we had people over and a breeze was blowing "just right" from the local hog farm, or cattle farms. Someone that was not from there would ask what that horrible smell was. I always said.... "That is the hog farm, it smells like money!"
you are very right on that count.
the same was said about my f450 carrier for years. old, ugly but it stayed out of the shop longer than most newer trucks. those IH 4700's loved visiting the dealer due to one electrical problem or another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online