Fuel line seal for filter head line leading to the injection pump

Ronw435

Reaction score
Hey all

I have a question as to where to find the seals on the fuel supply line that goes to the injection pump from the filter housing?

I looked on Rockauto but could not find them.

Thanks
Ron

Ronw435

Reaction score
Hi Franklin2

Well im not sure if they looked like that at one time..lol.. but im not sure if i got one on the line if i would be able to get the fitting threaded back on. But its worth a shot.

Thanks Franklin2

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought these for my truck. They are called olive seals, and there are also some on the steel return lines from the IP to the tank. I found a source for viton ones: Look up Parker vibra-lok 60VLV-5 (5/16” size) and 60VLV-6 (3/8” size). Viton is a huge upgrade from the rubber ones. My truck took 2 of each, but I think some trucks only need 1 of the 3/8” olives. I also believe that some trucks use 1/4” olives. Just measure the OD of the steel line and buy the olive in that size. The 1/4” ones would be 60VLV-4. The non-viton ones are a little cheaper, and are what came in the truck originally. They are 60VL series instead of 60VLV, but the size numbers will be the same. I got them from a company called Freshwater Systems, it was the cheapest source I found that had fast shipping.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also when you install them, don’t go crazy tightening down the fitting. You just need to put some compression on the seal. There’s a torque spec somewhere, but I just tightened them down as if I was tightening a spark plug in an aluminum head (if you know what I mean).

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call russ?
or any of the other vendors

Ronw435

Reaction score
Well i took it for a ride and when i got back it is not the plastic caps leaking it was two return lines. They had some slack in them so i cut them off and reinstalled and the leaking is stopped.

Thanks for all the replys

Ron