Fuel? Leaking from Exhaust Manifold Bolt Holes?

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Yeah, had like 3 leaky injectors on this head, but wasn't expecting my bolts to be soaked when I took them out.

Huh?

You must be registered for see images attach

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe oil someone put on them when they put them it? Might also be that the bolt holes communicate with the rocker arm drains but I don't recall that.

Wouldn't worry much about it. If it was water I'd be concerned, but oil woln't hurt anything. Might even help keep the bolts from seizing up.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Just anti-seize on those bolts when they went in, jaluhn83. Doesn't smell like fuel, actually. Must have had oil pooled up in there somehow, though my other head didn't do this.

I guess what's odd is that it affected all of the boltholes?

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen when I replaced the passenger side manifold on my 93.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There is no pass for oil to reach this bolt thru the head. This is what you applied to the threads when these bolts were installed. Looking at the head I see what looks like the exhaust valve guide seals to have come loose from the valve spring top. Hopefully you realize those seals clip into the top spring retainer and not install on the guide in the head like the intakes do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online