Fuel Heater is leaking

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats great to know.... We understand the cost of keeping a realitively enexpensive rig on the road. Why listen so some fool on the other side of the counter tell you.... "I gots no parts for that old thing".... We know whats possible because we have been there long ago. When I went into the international dealership parts counter asking for this heater o-ring the fool asked me for the truck vin number first... I had already given him the international part number....cookoo:frustrate So he trys to look it up... Tells me its going to be shipped from Ill and I need to pay for the shipping and for the part.... No problem but... He tells me its well over $150.00 for this part....:eek:-cuss:mad::backoff Well it turns out hes trying to sell me the complete head of the fuel filter.... *******.... And I tried once again to tell him I only wanted the o-ting .... Remember the part number I have given you twice now.....:angel: So he goes a looken for it... Drops two on the counter and asked me if this is it... I have no idea... I drove the truck to the parts dept.. He tells me they had two in stock but there was not a part number in the place these teo o-rings came from so this must be what you want.... By this time I can kill with just a look... I know... Its a gift I have but... I buy both of them and haven't been back since..... I can drive to another international store where I hope they can do a better job at the parts counter... If you try to buy this o-ring from Ford bring along your own vasoline cause theres has sand in it......:D

JLtoolman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The larger o-ring is 1/16" in diameter and is a number 016, Nitrile or Viton, available at any hydraulic store or McMaster Carr. I prefer Viton. They cost a few cents each. I repaired mine today. The inner one is not leaking, so I didn't mess with it. If I do it later, I will post it's size.

Thank guys so much for all the help on this forum.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The larger o-ring is 1/16" in diameter and is a number 016,

no,no,no.the correct size is 1/2-14 NPT.:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

on a serious note.that's cool of you to stop in and post up what worked for you.much appreciated by many.can help a feller out down the road.;Sweet

The Bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no,no,no.the correct size is 1/2-14 NPT.:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

on a serious note.that's cool of you to stop in and post up what worked for you.much appreciated by many.can help a feller out down the road.;Sweet

This was the best way IMO to resolve this problem. Eventually the plastic just gives out and you'll need to buy a new heater element.

Also since I have a cutaway van body, it's a PIA to get to the thing in the first place. :mad: