Fuel Brands

DMcV

Reaction score
I did a search and found nothing....about Fuel Brands .

Has anyone had better luck, mileage, performance, etc... with a paticular brand of diesel fuel ?

I'm sure there are some better brands and poor brands out there, I've just been going to my local Co-op because I get a discount.
I think I will try some different brands and see if I notice a difference.
Dennis

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
They are all the same. Different brand, same suppliers. Just make sure it's from a place that goes through a lotta fuel (truck stop and go to the semi side, not the auto side). The ULSD has a lower BTU content so that throws the performance and mileage. Find the 500ppm fuel; that motor should still be compatible with it. It'll run better.
Dope the fuel up with some type of additive; I like the Howes Lubricator, the Stanadyne additive is really good, Lucas was ok when I ran it in my semis and Powerstrokes.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to run nothing but shell. The truck always runs smoother and has more power. I pulled a 7000lb trailer with cheveron fuel and without diesel clean in the fuel I could barely get out of my own way.

Hess fuels even worse then Cheveron and I usually dont run BP cause its on the other side of town.
Also, in the 98 tdi jetta that we have, when running a cheaper diesel the milage and power drops drastically. We got from 58 down to about 51 and really didnt have all that much power.

These are just my personal experiences, but I prefer shell in all of my diesel vehicles.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a good company like Shell, BP, Exxon, Phillips 66, brands like that hell I can tell a major differance when I run cheap gas.. so of course thers gonna be differance in brand/performance wise.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go with a good company like Shell, BP, Exxon, Phillips 66, brands like that hell I can tell a major differance when I run cheap gas.. so of course thers gonna be differance in brand/performance wise.
are you aware you're replying to a thread/post that is over a year old?

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Towcat I am aware of that, but still some people (like me lol) scroll through old threads and read and reply to the threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online