fsv not working

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Anybody got electrical schematics for the fsv valve. mine is not swapping, I started simple and checked the fuse and it was fine, I am going to pull the fuse box and check wiring into the back of it asap because my heater recently melted its section of the box, might even go to an aftermarket stlye box. main thing I want to know is what switches and sensors to check to see where my problem is at. Any other help or suggestions appreciated.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The valve on the frame has a brown/white and a red wire. You should have 12v on these wires. The polarity will depend on which direction the switch in the dash is positioned. In other words, the red could be negative or positive in relation to the brown/white which will be the opposite of whatever the red polarity is.

These two wires operate a motor inside the valve, and the motor is what does the fuel line switching, and it also has a set of extra contacts in the valve that does the fuel sending unit electrical switching. But the two above wires are what actually switch the valve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online