Front springs DONE! Gained 2 1/2 inches

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All
Finally had my front springs done today. I gained 2 ½ inches over where it was before – and it looks really cool. Besides the factory springs being weak, all my bushings were beat to hell. The spring shop added a leaf to each front spring and installed a complete polyurethane bushing kit (they’re even red :thumbsup: ). They also blocked the rear so my truck would sit level. I forwent the extra cost of adding a leaf to the rears since I plan on getting a set of Firestone airbags anyway.

The spring guy said my truck would ride “more firm,” but it actually rides much less harsh than before. I think my axles were riding so close to the bumpers that I bottomed out on even the smallest bump – no more cringing at every speed bump and pothole. He also suggested that I give it a couple of days and then get my front end aligned. Even now, my truck tracks much better than before.

Now on to the next project…

Brian

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
add a leafs in the rear would really make the ride harsher (it's my word)

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott

Not sure what the next project will be. Depending how my truck sits wit the camper, it may be rear airbags. On the list are: trany cooler and gauges, and cleaning up some of the Banks plumbing (monster CDR hose and air filter housing) under the hood. I still need to upgrade my A/C before it gets really hot out here too.

brian

bub

Reaction score
hey i am starting a project truck to take a 1976 and put a 7.3 idi in it so im looking for a little help from anyone who has done this before on what to look for first project truck for me so if ya could give me some feedback thanks

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey i am starting a project truck to take a 1976 and put a 7.3 idi in it so im looking for a little help from anyone who has done this before on what to look for first project truck for me so if ya could give me some feedback thanks
more specs on your '76 is needed.
1/2,3/4 or 1ton? 2wd or 4wd?

OldSchool101

Reaction score
What year truck did you do the front add a leaf to and was it 250 or 350, and roughly how much did it cost you including the alignment, i have a 92 F250 that i added to the front to clear larger tires, and the camber is way off now, just wondering what you did???

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year truck did you do the front add a leaf to and was it 250 or 350, and roughly how much did it cost you including the alignment, i have a 92 F250 that i added to the front to clear larger tires, and the camber is way off now, just wondering what you did???
how many deg off is the camber readout?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online