Front seat replacments?

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my front seat is in pretty bad shape. It's a bench seat, and I'd like to find some kind of 60/40 to replace it with. I'd like to replace it with a 60/40 for a couple of reasons. First is I think it would be more comfortable. Second is that it would allow me to slide the pass seat forward and make more room for my daughter when she's in a car seat in the rear.

My question is this, how sellective do I need to be about what year the seat is out of? I don't remember Ford doing a 60/40 seat back then, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to find what I really want. Second option would be a couple of captins chairs, but I'd rather not go that route, because I'd like for both my wife, and my dog to be able to ride up front still at the same time. I'd hate to have to choose between the two of them. :D

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I have a 92-97 40-20-40 bucket seat set up in my 86, it bolted in no mods. Just be sure you get one for a supercab, they have different brackets than the standard cab or crew cab. I know because I bought a very nice seat for a supercab and then found out it wouldn't fit, had to buy a junk seat for $100 just to get the correct bracket!

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great. Do the two sides adjust independently of each other? In other words, can you slide the passenger side forward while leaving the drivers side back?

Thanks!
Mark

ihatelaramie

Reaction score
I had the 40-20-40 seat in my old 95 and either side slid independently of each other; only the center part remained stationary. Hope this helps.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I have a 92-97 40-20-40 bucket seat set up in my 86, it bolted in no mods. Just be sure you get one for a supercab, they have different brackets than the standard cab or crew cab. I know because I bought a very nice seat for a supercab and then found out it wouldn't fit, had to buy a junk seat for $100 just to get the correct bracket!

Maybe I have an oddball then. I put a bench out of a supercab into my crew cab with no problems. I remembered reading that they were different but it fit perfect.

I would look to be sure before I ruled out one from a supercab. Maybe measure it before I bought it though.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled both bench seats from a 91 crewcab and the both bolted into my supercab(not at the same time). The floor of the supercab was originally drilled for bucket seats(very uncomfortable and sit to low for a truck), all I had to do was look under the truck and find the spots where the bench seat would bolt in. There were mounting spots already placed on the underside of the body.

They looked like untreaded bolts, I just found a drill bit that fit through the holes and drilled the thin layer of flooring out from the bottom of the cab. All ya gotta do then is put the bench seat in and use a set of bolts that fit through the mounting holes.