Front End Overhaul

tgomes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am beginning to assemble a parts list to overhaul my 93 2wd Dually Front end. I am literally talking everything brand spanking new as far as suspension goes. And I figured while I am in there I will do 2 new (second hand) fenders, a radiator support, fan clutch, and of course paint everything I can get my hands on. I have a couple of questions as I am not 100% sure on everything. Most importantly I would like to know what I'll need for the wheel bearings, part numbers would be greatly appreciated. Also I am trying to figure out all of the moog tie rod part numbers and can't figure it out. Anyone have an easy way I can do this? Anything else I should be thinking about replacing? By the way everything is being bought off of amazon:D

Moog K8433 Ball Joint Lower $28.91

Moog K8432T Ball Joint Upper $31.53 Each

KYB SHOCKS Front 344049 $32.84 each

KYB SHOCKS Rear 344078 $20 each

Moog CC844S Variable Rate Coil Spring $80.59 for both

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just re did mine, are you doing new pivot and radius arm bushings too? I also got new plastic spring seats and sway bar end links and bushings. My truck took the large tie rod ends, sway bar was 1 1/8" I believe. You will also need to get it aligned, I ended up buying the moog adjustable upper ball joint bushings to correct the added camber I had from the heavier capacity moog front springs. The 844s are 1000lb extra I believe same as I went with. I left my ball joints I couldn't get them to show any play. I also went with kyb shocks all around.

tgomes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really just want to do everything I can while I'm there. Any part numbers lying around for what I didn't mention? I want to hop under the truck and see what I need but unfortunately I don't have a garage and it's been snowing and raining for the past week. And this whole front end epiphany just happened haha. I didn't think I would need a caber adjustment with new parts? I thought that was a correction for a lift. From what I was gathering those moot coils I found are specific to a severe duty application with I assumed was diesel

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a lift, the radius arm and pivot bushings weren't too fun by myself I had to use a couple ratchet straps, bolts the wheels on backwards and raise and lower the lift to get everything back in place with the springs out. I can try to get some when I'm on my computer tomorrow if I remember. I got most of my stuff on ebay. I got the adjustable moog ball joint bushings from amazon. The tie rods I got from advanced auto. Mine was the over 4200lb or whatever axle. Bearings I got from eBay too but haven't installed them or the rotors yet.

Last edited: