Front end alignment for dummies

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Al once again you came thru with some great pics clearly showing what the words mean. I would never had figured this out without some pics...:thumbsup:

Thanks

Like Red Green says...

If the woman don't find ya handsome they should at least find ya handy!

Ya it's kinda nice being able to just go and click away and in 20 minutes post some images for all to see and understand. This internet thing is handy! I think I like it!

JMF2CW

gatorman21218

Reaction score
ok I got a line on a 4x4 shop that will do the alignment but I still am a little sore from the last alignment.

So is caster non adjustable or what?

I think I have toe in/out figured out. I just measure across the 3 oclock and 9 oclock of the tire and make them the same? Do I want them parallel or do I cheat the toe?

BTW I love the red green show. I havent seen it in years though.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Red Green.. Thats a man about town right there. As for alingment I think you want about 1/8 inch toe in. That way the front end wont wander going down the roads.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
this is my alignment tool... :D oh! and a tape measure! :D

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have tried using a tape meausre but it did not work too well. Never tried it on my truck. Just drive it to a trusted Bear Wheel and Frame Alignment shop when it needs it.. Never an issue.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i have been thinking of getting one of these so i can see for myself, they have an optional toe in kit to do that to all in one.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Specialty+Products/827/91010/10002/-1
i have heard a couple of large tiles with some grease on them make some cheap turning plates.

a little spendy but just a few alignements on my 6 vehicles and it would pay for itself. i know my manual tire changer has been a great investment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat