front drive line clearance

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those of you like rollin coal and others with lifted trucks, can i get a pic of your trans crossmember or what ever you did to make the front driveline clear?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fill plug should be to the left of the driveshaft on the back of the case(when looking from behing the tcase)

Are you talking the tranny cross member? Have you removed the mud shield from underneath the truck? That alone seems to gain a lot of clearance.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i haven't even put the mud shield on. the driveline is just within an eighth of an inch from the trans crossmember.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That usually gets the extra few inches needed to clear the cross member. Maybe you could notch the cross member and weld a new lip on it to maitain strenght.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
This is what the previous owner did on my 86 F250 w 6" lift

You must be registered for see images attach

This is my 96 F350 w 8"

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what the previous owner did on my 86 F250 w 6" lift

This is my 96 F350 w 8"

does the crossmember from the 96 bolt up to the older frames? it looks to have just a little more room even though it has a cv there. i might just have co cut and weld:dunno that is why i was looking for pics.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
does the crossmember from the 96 bolt up to the older frames? it looks to have just a little more room even though it has a cv there. i might just have co cut and weld:dunno that is why i was looking for pics.

It will bolt in but you may have to drill holes

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cardan joint is against the transfer case, then the slip joint. It uses a flat flange to bolt up, so the front output of the transfer case has a different piece to accept the flange.

I am going to try to use a cardan joint from a old Bronco, and am going to try and use the u-bolts to bolt it up. Don't know if it will all work out or not.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online