Frickin' ATS are idiots!!

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the factory turbo from '93 for my truck, but with the flattened downpipe. So I bite the bullet and order the new 3" downpipe, only to find that when it gets here, it doesn't fit, and you have to order the 3" exhaust outlet upgrade to use the new downpipe(you'd think maybe they'd hint at that on the phone when I ordered the downpipe....(sigh))

Anyways, so I order the exhaust housing. It's $283. I wait over a month, and nothing. So I call again, and Dork(jakob) on the other end, says "oh, I didn't know you wanted me to actually ship one, I thought they were on backorder" or some such crap, yeah right, that's why I gave you my Visa info over the phone, Dorkstick.....

What the heck!! So, I say yeah dude, ship it!! But I specifically asked him, (and he assured me he would) to put it in the surface mail, no courier.

So, today, I get a note in my mailbox that the part is here. It's a bill from UPS, and it's for $90! ***?!

So I go down there, and sure enough they got it, and the "brokerage fee" to bring it across the line into Canada is $90, plus they charge me Tax on that as well, and the bill on my Visa was $330 for the part(obviously ATS charged me shipping too).

So, the total for a $283 part was $430!!!

So much for the "NAFTA"

I was at least hoping to find a tube of Vaseline in the box, but no.....(sigh)

Well, I guess the good news is, I should be able to get my turbo up and running now...

********!!!

Zigg :)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its a bad deal anyway you look at it. That guy at ATS should be fired. Try dealing with Huff on the other site for parts next time. He may be easier and cheaper to deal with. .some people can really kill a company by how they do their jobs. A company can't stay in business treating a customer base like that.

suv7734

Reaction score
Zigg,

Next time you need something from across the line let me know. You can have it shipped to the UPS depot in Bellingham and have it held for pickup. I am back and forth at least once a week and can pick it up. When I/you drive through the border with it you declare it and then 'if' they make you go in (depends on value) you pay the GST (on NAFTA articles) and you're good to go, no brokerage etc.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a bad deal anyway you look at it. That guy at ATS should be fired. Try dealing with Huff on the other site for parts next time. He may be easier and cheaper to deal with. .some people can really kill a company by how they do their jobs. A company can't stay in business treating a customer base like that.

Im almost ready to get my bigger housing and also the larger non squished down pipe. Who is this other site?? Also how do I get in contact with Huff???

thx

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i knew Huff is a dealer for Hypermax and Banks. I didn't know he also handled ATS also.....somebody clarify this ?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know Banks and Hypermax, maybe he's picked up the ATS line as well...he's a great guy to deal with. This is not the first time I've heard this kind of stuff about ATS. I had a tough time getting my downpipe through one of their dealers, it was back ordered. They were at least nice, but the service wasn't great. Its a shame since I really like their products.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you specified the shipping method, call and raise hell -cuss :backoff :backoff :backoff
Make the SOBs reimburse you for the charges, and if not, take it up with your credit card company. You did not authorize them to put those charges on your back, you gave them a specific authorization as to what you were willing to pay for as far as goods and services, they agreed to it, and they did not honour those instructions, nor their agreement.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
If you specified the shipping method, call and raise hell -cuss :backoff :backoff :backoff
Make the SOBs reimburse you for the charges, and if not, take it up with your credit card company. You did not authorize them to put those charges on your back, you gave them a specific authorization as to what you were willing to pay for as far as goods and services, they agreed to it, and they did not honour those instructions, nor their agreement.
thats what i would do i took it up with my credit card company when i had issues with dps

gandalf

Reaction score
I was at least hoping to find a tube of Vaseline in the box, but no.....(sigh)

Zigg :)

Be careful what you wish for.

The way they're going now, they probably would have mixed in a bit of sand and tabasco. :eek:

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your trouble with ats but I had the same thing but mine was ordered but they took a month to ship the dang thing. I will never deal with them again. Another thing is when I finally got my turbo housing outlet and my new downpipe, they would not fit together. The OD of the downpipe was the the exact same size as the ID of the outlet housing. So mine is still sitting on the shelf in my shed. I got ahold of some truck shop and he said I'll have to heat the housing and freeze the pipe to maybe get it together. AAAHHHHH. Hope you have better luck then me.

sassyrel

Reaction score
mine i got longer ago--about 7 years--and i never had a bit of trouble getting it--i got the downpipe, piece to connect it to--and the larger housing that bolted to it---had it in three days!!!! apparently--they must have clowns working there now------

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine i got longer ago--about 7 years--and i never had a bit of trouble getting it--i got the downpipe, piece to connect it to--and the larger housing that bolted to it---had it in three days!!!! apparently--they must have clowns working there now------
worse yet.
they have new ownership. new folks took over in '03 or so....

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
This has happened to me more than once, it got so bad one time with UPS that they put me in collections over a package that I never signed for, declined delivery and then came home one day to find it sitting on my door step.....I bought a set of headers one time on fleabay, paid the shipping and it cost me another $183 to get them from UPS we they arrived here....The Big Brown F-n ripoff is what they are. I will NEVER use them again. They bring their freight into Montreal and then use Sameday (Someday) courier to broker it to the customers all across Canada after they add all their ******** fee's to it.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I bought mine almost 5 years ago but I didn't call ATS directly the guy was very helpful told me I had to have the outlet cause the way it fits and sent it right away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online