Freeze plug fell out?

1992camarors

Reaction score
Ok thanks to you guys I've gotten my truck road worthy up to this point. But I got another problem. So when I tried to start my truck today I first woke up to a large puddle of coolant underneath it. And when I tried to start it, I heard a pinging like around the flywheel. So I took off the flywheel cover and I found a quarter sized and shaped piece of metal lying in the cover. The coolant drip was comming from that area too. What could this be? Freeze plug?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Behind the wheel there is two freeze plugs. Sounds like one has come out. Sorry....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Welcome to the rear freeze plug popped out club -cuss
Get ready to either yank the engine or the tranny to take care of it.
Chances are if one popped out, the others have been installed incorrectly somewhere along the line as well and you might as well pull the engine and replace all 7 of them the ford part number is E3TZ6026A get them from them or international to get the correct stainless steel ones that are the correct shape and you will need ford tool 303-D045 to seat them properly , use sealer. it's about $135 from Ford Rotunda tools 1-800 ROTUNDA

I have my engine on the stand right now due to the same problem and decided to dig a little deeper since the machine shop didn't put the freeze plugs in correctly, and it's a good thing I did, because I found quite a few other things they went sloppy on.