Freeze plug driving tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a bump. 1 Sold. After these 4 are gone, I won't make anymore. There are $110 shipped.
I have coated the outside barrel with bed coat, keeps them from rusting, easier grip.

OK; All those that where hot and bothered about getting this tool, I now have five of them. Two are spoken for already. Interested PM me.

Attachments

• DVC01771.JPG
    DVC01771.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 166

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a good price too. To those who think, like I did, I will just have one made, I have a story for you.

I have a friend who works in a machine shop that specializes in making tooling and dies and stuff for manufacturing. I took the drawing that was made of this tool down to him. Cost to have them made....about 80 bucks......if I bought at least 20. Couple hundred bucks for a single. So there you have it. Buy one from Oldbull.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
For those that think this is a simple wim wam thank you mame its not. This is a specialty tool for a very special job. Only one way to do this job correctly and thats to use the tool. I know very few that can take a hammer and a punch and install these freeze plugs correctly. The issue here is not knowing if you have done the job correctly using some other method of installation. You have to remove the plugs and doing that ruins them but.. you will know which of the 7 were done correctly. So please guys.. buy the tool and do it right. I'm walking talking first hand proof that a shop did not use the correct tool for this and it cost me a set of heads and another rebuild on a 5200 mile rebuilt engine. I'm still pissed about that after 7 years and wish that shop nothing but coal this Christmas....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh hell...it could also be used to thump someone like a shop owner who neglected to use one when assembling an engine...Right Gary? ;Poke LOL so there ya go dual purpose tool!

I'm all over one say next year LOL

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got mine in the mail today. As expected, it's a really nice piece. Don't wait until it's too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7