Franken-injectors

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has G codes on it and I pulled one off and i pop tested it and it was at 2250ish. Seems pretty high. But the spray pattern was more atomized. I have since gathered damn near 60 injectors, mostly CAV BB, from the local junkyard. Hopefully some will have some good nozzles.

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
I think the pintle design is for less smoke, with an engine like mine that needs more fuel at injector opening the G doesnt cut it. Im not going to spend a lot of timne figuring it out till later this fall. I may reset them to 1850 and see if that makes a difference.

I'm going to try that next week on my G codes. I'll post my results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Someplace on this forum is my videos I made about pop testing injectors and timing infor. I asked for it to be placed in the forum where all could see it and enjoy the 7 vids because there is so much info. I even did a vid on what the Bb code pintle looks like compared to the g codes. I used a jewelers loop for best magnification. Hope someone will repost all these vids here so everyone can see them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Now what can be done about getting these posted to the forum where everyone can easily see them...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You had already asked in that thread. I'll see if I can buzz someone over there. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Gary, I just watched your video to inspect my injector pintles. My G codes (Delphi p/n:LJCK01102) came with identical pintles (needles) as your BB codes... and my B codes had identical pintles as your G codes... I am 100% certain of this.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Gary, I just watched your video to inspect my injector pintles. My G codes (Delphi p/n:LJCK01102) came with identical pintles (needles) as your BB codes... and my B codes had identical pintles as your G codes... I am 100% certain of this.

This is very interesting.. So much so that I will open up some G codes to verify what I found. I could be wrong. Years ago I thought I was wrong.. But it turned out I was right. so mistakes can be made...:eek:;ReallyLOL:angel:

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
This is very interesting.. So much so that I will open up some G codes to verify what I found. I could be wrong. Years ago I thought I was wrong.. But it turned out I was right. so mistakes can be made...:eek:;ReallyLOL:angel:

I am not calling you wrong;Sweet I'm just letting you know what I found. I bought them from Oregon Fuel Injection a few years back. They have been scribed with "OFI 8/10" for the month I bought them. I'm wondering if they switched out the nozzle? (I called, they did not swap/upgrade parts) They were supposed to be NIB (and they were). The nozzle part number is Delphi 6801169 KCM, for what its worth.

I also wanted to add that the spring I found in my G code was noticeably longer than the B code spring. In your video, it shows the opposite. What I did notice is that the difference in length was made up in shims (a lot of them). Again, not calling you wrong here, I'm just trying to wrap my head around what I have in the shop. :dunno

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
code does not set spring length. I have seen same brand with different spring length,I think they use whatever they have in production and shim to spec. With delphi going out of production who knows what they made up just to get done with things.

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score

I made a video for you :D "G code vs B code"

code does not set spring length. I have seen same brand with different spring length,I think they use whatever they have in production and shim to spec. With delphi going out of production who knows what they made up just to get done with things.

Interesting. I thought they would be pretty uniform. This could explain the different needles I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online