Frame Question

7.3shrk

Does any one know the differences in frame widths of a 1973 to 1987 K2500 versus a 1973 to 1987 K3500? I am trying to see if a flat bed from a one ton will bolt on to my three quarter ton.

Thanks,

Nick

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are comparing commercial chassis to commercial chassis, then you have no issue. Same goes with pickup chassis to pickup chassis. But if you are going from commercial chassis to pickup chassis....you will have your work cut out for you. Literally.

7.3shrk

I do not know which the chassis is. It's a duallie, I believe 3500, but the wheel base looks a little longer. I do not know if I am imagining it, or if it really is longer.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have three factory choices. All the quoted measurements are in CA....ie from the back of the cab to the centreline of the axle.
54" is the length for pickups.
60" is the short length for cab chassis.
84" is the long length for cab chassis.
there is a special order length of 108" that is pretty rare. Most of the time the fame was chopped and stretched for the body application if it's longer than 84"

7.3shrk

Thank you, it looks like I might have some work ahead of me on this, but for free, I can not really complain.