Where is the VIN on a f250 1991 frame

vlrd56

Reaction score
I For the technical check here in France I need to show the operator a VIN on the frame .
My truck is a F 250 1991 diesel,does any body know where exactly to see one ?
It is not about the plate with rivet in the door
Thancks

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is stamped on the top of the driver side frame rail about directly below the brake booster.

James

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I just did a little research, I may have given you incorrect information.

From what I have found online it should be on the top of the passenger frame rail anywhere from about the front of the engine to slightly under the cab, exact location is supposedly dependent on which assembly plant it came from.

I can try to confirm location when I get home from work tonight, I have a couple of 87-91 frames.

James

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Back when I purchased my crew cab, before I got the title, I looked into this too, just some added insight. Some of the frames may be so corroded that you'll need an x ray canera to see them, and that's a stretch at that. I'd ask some of the other guys who have trucks in France how they registered them.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
See if having someone stamp the frame is acceptable, just say it didn't come from the factory with one? Good ol' blue oval.

vlrd56

Reaction score
It’s what I am going to do
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to report back with my findings. I looked at 2 bricknose, 2 bullnose and a dent side frame and can't find the numbers on any of them.

I am guessing the one that I remember seeing the numbers on must have been my 84 chevy.

James