Found my transmission problem!

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Awhile ago I posted about having problems shifting my trans into 1st 2nd and reverse after driving truck for awhile. Well Yesterday I went to put into first gear and my clutch pedal slammed to the floorboard. Found out that my push rod for my clutch cylinder broke at the eye on the pedal assembly. So my question is does anybody just sell the push rod or does the whole hydraulic clutch assembly have to be replace to get the push rod? I'm, assuming the push rod is seperate from the the rest of it and not built into the master cylinder. Any ideas?

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
the pushrod is built into the assembly... the last few ive bought the pushrod has been disconnected from the cylinder and the end user clicks it into place. good luck finding that one part though.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I've read on here that napa sells an adjustable master cylinder rod. Sounds like that would be the place to start.

zpd307

Reaction score
and to think, i just threw away a left over push rod about a week ago, i went with an adjustable push rod.....

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sounds like I will call napa and see what they have to offer. Thank you for the input, I just didn't want to unhook my hydraulic line and have to bleed it out.