For sale-- this time for real.

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no turning back this time. I have ordered a new truck and am taking delivery tomorrow. I have just advertised it locally but am not going to name an asking price on this forum because experts here know true value better than me. it is the truck in my signature. All history about the truck is known since new. I am second owner. SCAs kept up since new. Banks turbo with new down-pipe from Banks and full exhaust. New rear fuel tank. New wiper motor. New brake lines, all 4. Like-new Cooper tires with low miles. New pistons and locks for topper. New headlight switch. New LUK clutch. New tie rods. New drive-train. Electric fuel pump. High quality electric solenoids for fuel supply and return. New proper glow plugs. Nice interior with special seats. Can be driven anywhere. 155k miles. Always starts and runs strong, Frame solid. Downside: rust around the wheel wells and near rocker panels. Both bumpers are intact but shot. Made decision to sell based on going from 3 older vehicles to a single new truck. PM if interested. Jim

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would never say new is better. New is practical for SOME applications. Hey I tried, I had a good run of 9 years with the IDI. No regrets. Lots of fun. I had 2 Mercedes and the IDI. I sold one Mercedes outright and traded the other one. It was the IDI I decided to hold on to last. And I still have it so I am not out yet. Secretly hoping it will not sell? naw...

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bow tie. V8, gas. The locking-rear differential was a selling point. This is for every-day general use. No heavy hauling and no towing.