For all of the alignment experts out there...

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have liked to see that...

Did you try copy and paste from the picture onto the window pane where we type our responses? I just found out about that feature of our website.

Just right click on top of picture and click on copy and then come back here and right click on pane and click paste... See if that works...

Edited to Add;

My angle finder came in and I got it zeroed out already!!! YAY!!! ;Sweet

I'm going to start on it tomorrow...

Black dawg

Reaction score
You have stated that people only use one caster/pinion angle shim and only on the pass side. How does that do anything on a solid front end????

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that got my attention too... I wondered about how a solid housing could 'flex' like that...

I read that at this clicky HERE...

I went back to the page to study what was said in the factory manual for the 1996 f series and then I saw it...

The use of the shim on the right side is for the F250 4x4. When I saw that, it all made sense.

Obviously shims can be used on both sides of the Monobeam in the case of lifting the truck with a suspension lift kit. It will more than likely be required in the case of the excessive drivesline phasing.

In the meantime, the IFS on the F250 the differential is mounted on the left axle and therefore, you should adjust caster by shim on the right spring pad. This way causes a caster offset that will help restore "returnablity". Of course, that's for non lifted trucks... Factory lifted trucks are not in this group.

I'm learning and thanks Black Dawg for making me reread that again, I didn't see the "F250" in the paragraph concerning caster shims.

This is why I enjoy these kind of conversations, I can learn alot here... That's some good juju... :D

Bashby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im either on my phone or the gf's ipad, so there is no right clicking. I have coppied and tried to paste but no luck. I can do it on fte but not here, i dont have the patience to learn anymore. If you google jeep camber bushing and click the images tab you eill see the screw in 4 prong one i was thinking about.

Bashby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tnink it was the jeep cherokees and wranglers that had adjustable lower trailing arms to adjust caster. You could change caster but not cross caster. Same deal withshimming a spring pad... not real sure why they bothered to put eccentrics there.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean these? ;Poke :D

You must be registered for see images attach